Friday, February 29, 2008

Battlestar . . . .

. . . . Galactica. Stupid, I didn't ever watch many episodes, was more into Babylon 5, butwhen playing with this lovely glitter stuff (see previouspost) at West Country Embroiderers I couldn't help putting the 2 words together! These were my pieces, not snapped till today, and apart from the round stencilled shapes I didn't get on so well with stencils. Painting off a cut or torn edge of paper suited me better - less precise. The flower shapes were printed with interference acrylic and a blob of glitter put on with a plastic knife.
Using a bit of velvet as a paint rag gave quite a nice glittery result too.


1 comment:

Things Hand Made said...

The messy cloth at the bottom always comes out the best but I had never thought to actually put a "good" cloth there as an experiment! good tip.