Thursday, November 22, 2007

Fishy journal quilt . . .

. . . made for a contemporary quilt group that meets locally once a month. We go through a complicated ritual of dice throwing to arrive at 3 criteria for the next JQ. This one was fish, orange and India. The second of these would be more obvious if the colours in the pic had been truer, and for the third you need to know that the fishes eyes and the square sequins came from India! The background was coloured using transfer paints, having had my interest in them rekindled by Carol Dowsett's recent mini-workshop at a QG day (see a recent post).
This was the previous month's effort - silk (all silk fabrics used), log cabin and Kandinsky. Not sure which way up it should go . . .
I'm still doing the JQ's for the national CQ group challenge and have now finished november . . .

. . . and september.
October is nearly finished and I can't find the design layout I drew for december, grrr!
September and october are both inspired by a tidying up and sorting spree I've been on and involve using bits that have spoken to me as they have been unearthed. November is partly that - a computer design I filed quite a while ago, plus the surprising colours of a tree currently displaying at the end of our garden.


No comments: