Saturday, August 18, 2007

Adding some texture . . .

. . . to the first, monochrome/neutral Sumptuous Surfaces project. Pic below is a bit fuzzy. Enlarging the one above will probably give a better close-up. Packing in stitches is harder than I thought it would be. I do a lot of random stitching that may or may not turn into a finished item. I think the aspect of this project that is giving me difficulty is that it involves working towards a planned design! There is meant to be a recognizable end product. Well, it won't hurt me to exercise a bit of self control.Thank you, folk who have commented on earlier posts, for the encouragement!

2 comments:

Sharon Siacci said...

this is another'Ooh Wow' piece. Lovely.

Julie said...

I can sympathise with the difficulties of working in a structured way Barbara. I find it really difficult too. You seem to be building this up well with the different stitches and beading. I must learn some more stitches myself!