Tuesday, July 25, 2006

It doesn't have to be crazy patchwork . . .

You don't have to try out the 100 details in crazy patchwork! It still looks interesting on straightforward strips! Well, I would say that, wouldn't I. This is an A4 size bit of strip piecing. The pic below shows a detail with 4 of Sharon B's seam treatments,and the top pic has 2 more, towards the bottom. If you can find a way to zoom in onto the line of buttonhole stitch at the top edge of the dark strip, you will see something interesting I discovered when whipping the stitch. With one thread coiled in a slant round the top edge of the stitch I thought it was starting to look like a cord. I repeated the whipping with 2 more threads, taking care about placing them, and it does look just like a piece of twisted cord




I've solved my latest technology challenge, getting text between photos instead of having all of them piled up at the top of the entry. May not be the right way, but it has worked this time. I uploaded all the pics first, then placed the cursor where I wanted it to do the text. But, oh, didn't it take an age for the pics to upload! I left it and went off to get the tea in the end. I have broadband too. Well, it is a hot day, again.

4 comments:

Lin Moon said...

Barbara,
This is so clever and very beautiful! Who would have thought those straight lines were just calling out for embellishment? Keep up the unique work! Thanks for sharing.

Jo in NZ said...

This looks stunning. Thanks for the different take on seam treatments.

Cecilia said...

You had a great idea and it could be a beautiful book cover.

katiejayinpa said...

So wonderful to see this close-up..the top vines and wandering stitches are just beautiful. I will be tring that out for sure. And i love the way it just flows into the next two bands of stitching. Just all good! ktj